Are you holding an iDevice that was made in 2007 or 2008? If it is, then Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not support your device. Machines that can operate on Windows 7 will be able to run applications on Windows 8 as well but the case is different with Mountain Lion.
Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion was released on July 25, here is the list of the modules supported by it. So make it sure before downloading the Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion that u have a supported module of the device.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)