The long wait is over now as Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 is coming to Nexus S officially. The news is released by Google. You can update your Nexus S manually. To install Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on Nexus S follow the instructions.
Before you start make sure your phone battery is charged up to 60% and backup your data in your computer. Now turn on USB Debugging. Then go to Menu =>Settings => Application => Development.
- T-Mobile Nexus S
- USB Data Cable
- To get star download OTA package. You can download it here.
- Now rename the downloaded file as “update.zip”
- Now connect your phone to your computer
- Now copy the renamed downloaded file “update.zip” to the root of your SD card.
- Now after copied disconnect your phone and turn it off.
- Now head to the bootloader. To do so press the power and the volume up button simultaneously.
- Once you are in the bootloader select “Recovery”. To do so press the volume up and down and to select, press the power button.
- Now a warning Android logo will appear on your screen. Now go the “Menu” by pressing volume up button and power button again.
- Now from Menu select “Apply update from /sdcard” and then choose “update.zip” from the list.
- Now your phone will be updated by itself.
- After finishing go back and select “reboot”.
- You have now updated your Nexus S to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3