A huge critical flaw is found in a networking protocol called Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). The flaw will allow attackers to cause havoc in your home or business networks. There are tons of devices using UPnP including routers, computer printers, storage drives and smart TVs – it is suggested to disable UPnP quickly. Here is a guide to disable UPnP In E-series And WRT-series Routers to avoid any sort of threat.
1. Start by Opening a browser and then type in 192.168.1.1.
2. Now enter your Username and Password and then click “Ok” to log in to the web interface.
3. Now you need to go to Administration.
4. Select “Disable” under UPnP and Allow User to Configure.
5. Now save the changes by clicking on “Save”.